Terms & Conditions
The MEED Projects Awards, is an award programme organised by MEED Media FZ LLC. Any individual or organisation whether based in the UAE or internationally agrees to the following terms and conditions when submitting an entry and/or booking a table/seat to attend the awards.
✔ Entry terms and conditions:
1. The MEED Projects Awards will recognise completed projects in the GCC. A completed project is defined as any development which is operational; the following definitions also apply to submitted projects:
a. Delivered to client or end-user but not yet in use
b. Completed project except interiors
c. A project with any incomplete structural, ground, M&E, cladding and glazing work does not constitute a complete project
d. Expansions and extensions to an existing project are eligible.
2. The entrant will be the Project Owner or have approval from the Project Owner to submit an entry (MEED does not need to see a letter from the Project Owner).
3. The winners will be named using the project name, award entrant company and project owner. The main stakeholders in the project will also be accredited in the National Winners’ supplement and on-screen at the ceremony.
4. Key Organisations involved will be accredited with their respective parts in the project if successful.
5. As part of the entry process, in submitting a registration on the awards website, details provided will be used for the purposes of marketing and communication with regards to the MEED Projects Awards and will be shared between other MEED products. Information will also be available for sponsors of the awards. If you wish to opt out of this agreement a written request must be submitted to email@example.com.
6. A $300 USD non-refundable administration fee is chargeable on submitting an entry.
7. No comment on the results of the judging process will be communicated with entrants. We are unable to acquire or provide any reason or comment as to why entrants have been successful or unsuccessful or why a company has received an award.
8. Judges' views are independent and confidential and the final decisions and judgments on entrants and project submissions and the winners are made the MEED Projects Awards judging panel. The opinions and decisions of MEED and the MEED Projects Awards do not represent the judging panel named above or the organisations that they represent. Each individual judge named above and their respective organisations will not be held liable or accountable for the decisions made by the MEED Projects Awards. All entrants must abide and accept these conditions as terms of entry.
9. The entry deadline for all categories is 23:59 on 30 January 2018, late submissions will be accepted on grounds agreed with the awards team. The organisers of the event reserve the right to extend or change the entry deadline without prior notification.
10. The organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry for any reason without explanation.
11. The MEED Projects Awards or its associate organisations, judges, endorsing organisations, supporters and media partners are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incorrect or misdirected entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines, or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise.
12. As the Organiser, MEED Media FZ reserves the right to revise award category titles, launch new award categories, make final decisions on entry status, advise entrants on the best categories to enter and make decisions on the number of National Winners and Highly Commended entries per country and per award.
13. Please note if an entry is submitted by multiple entrants MEED will only provide up to 3 trophies, any further trophies required must be paid by submitting entrant.
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") govern the basis on which you can make bookings for tables at the event(s) run by MEED Media FZ-LLC (trade license number 18693), a company incorporated as a Free Zone Company with Limited Liability pursuant to the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Private Companies Regulations 2003 issued under Law No. 1 of 2000 of the Emirate of Dubai (as amended), whose registered office is PO Box 25960, 20th Floor, Al Thuraya Tower 1, Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE; ("us" or "we"). All other terms and conditions of business, including any that you may send to us when placing, renewing or paying for table bookings, are excluded.
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting a booking request online or by email you acknowledge that you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
✔ Bookings and Payment
1.1 Booking requests should be submitted online or by email. Payment must be made, or authorisation to deduct payment given, at the time a booking request is submitted. No booking is guaranteed until you receive a confirmation email from us.
1.2 Provided you have complied with these terms and conditions we will, subject to availability, send a confirmation email to you in respect of your booking request as soon as reasonably practicable. If there is no availability we will email you to inform you that this is the case as soon as reasonably practicable. Where your booking request is refused we will process any refund due to you within 30 days of informing you of such refusal.
1.3 Payment may be made by either (i) invoice; or (ii) credit card (we accept the following credit Visa; MasterCard; and American Express).
1.4 If you wish to pay by bank transfer please use the bank account details provided by us on request.You are responsible for paying all bank charges. If bank charges are not paid by you your booking may be refused. A payment description should be included with your payment which references your company name. Once the transfer has been made you will need to scan and email proof of payment/bank transfer confirmation, quoting your company name, in order to complete your booking.
1.5 Prices quoted before December 17 does not include the addition of the VAT which comes to effect in January 2018. The invoice showing the entry price along with the VAT (if applicable) will be generated late December and will be sent across to the registered entrant for payment.
✔ Refunds, Substitutions and Changes to the Event
2.1 No refunds are available once payment is made to us for table bookings or individual places. Should individual guests on your table be unable to attend, we would welcome a substitute guest attending in their place. Similarly, substitutions can be made for individual seats, at no extra charge. Please notify us by email with the name and job title of both the registered guest and the substitution guest.
2.2 It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, to acts of god, floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action and a pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness) to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the event at which you have booked a table. We reserve the right to do this at any time and we shall not be liable to you for any cost or other expenses (including wasted travel and accommodation costs) incurred by you as a consequence (including, without limitation, booking fees and travel and accommodation expenses).
2.3 Subject to clause 2.1, your booking is personal to you and will only entitle you and your named guests to attend the event. Other than as set out in clause 2.1 you are expressly prohibited from selling, or in any other way transferring, your booking whether in whole or part and whether in exchange for payment or otherwise, to any third party. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without refund if you breach this clause 2.3.
3.1 Subject to Clause 3.4, our aggregate liability to you, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of in connection with any booking (or requested booking) made by you or otherwise in relation to the event at which you have booked a table (or requested a booking of a table) shall be limited to the price paid by you in respect of the applicable booking.
3.2 Subject to Clause 3.4, we shall not be liable to you for (i) any loss of profit, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill or; (ii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind.
3.3 You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any negligent act or omission by you (including your delegates) during or otherwise in relation to your booking and/or your attendance at the event for which you have made a table booking.
3.4 Nothing in this these Terms shall limit or exclude either party's liability for:
3.4.1 death or personal injury caused by that party's negligence, or the negligence of that party's employees, agents or subcontractors;
4.1 You warrant that you shall:
4.2 Breach of this clause 4 shall be deemed a material breach of these Terms.
5.1 A person who is not a party to the Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provisions of these Terms.
5.2 These Terms (together with any documents referred to herein or required to be entered into pursuant to these Terms) contain the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersede all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written) relating to the subject matter of these Terms and any such document (save that this shall not apply so as to limit or exclude either party's liability for fraud).
5.3 These Terms shall not create, nor shall they be construed as creating, any partnership or agency relationship between us.
5.4 Save as set out in Clause 2, you are not permitted to re-sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these Terms.
5.5 You acknowledge and accept that we have the right to publicly announce our business relationship with you which shall include but not be limited to announcements on social media. Such announcements shall not be disparaging or otherwise adverse to your business.
5.6 You acknowledge and accept that we shall be entitled to charge interest on any outstanding balance owed to us accruing on a daily basis from the date that the invoice became due for payment.
6. The shall reimburse MEED for any damage to the venue, its employees or its property caused by the Client, its employees, agents or subcontractors for which MEED held liable under contract.
Notices shall be sent by traceable courier service, with a copy to be sent by email, to the other party at the address appearing on the first sheet (or such other address as that party shall notify in writing to the other from time to time). In the absence of proof of non-delivery, notices are deemed received two working days after being sent. For the avoidance of doubt, service shall not be validly effected by email.
Governing Law. This agreement is governed and construed with the laws of United Arab Emirates.
Dispute Resolution. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the interpretation or application of this Agreement shall be resolved by Senior Management of the parties or upon failure to agree, the parties hereby acknowledge and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the court of United Arab Emirates.